Error in release mode builds

Sep 16, 2014 at 3:52 PM
Hey there. Great initiative, this was exactly what i was looking for to add some more debug elements to my XAML Code.

I'm using this in a regular WPF projects (system tray application as a matter of fact). When using the debug and release xlmns elements as per your documentation, my project builds and runs in Debug mode, but not in Release mode.

I'm getting the following error:

The "PreprocessXaml" task was not given a value for the required parameter "DefinedSymbols". <myProjectDir>\packages\xcc.1.0.3\build\Xcc.targets

This functionality is not critical for my application, but would be great to have, so if you could assist, that would be great!

Kind Regards,
Maarten
Coordinator
Sep 16, 2014 at 9:44 PM
You're entering uncharted territory; xcc has been tested with Windows Universal apps and Xamarin.Forms projects. Feel free to create an issue for it.
Sep 17, 2014 at 6:47 AM
I'll create an issue for it. In the meantime, I'll try to come up with a solution for it myself aswell. If I find something I'll fork and make a pull request.
Sep 18, 2014 at 7:12 AM
I've fixed the issues, however, when I try to build the NuGet package using the specfile supplied, the /tools/XCC.Targets file is not included (which is present in the package that is on the NuGet server), in stead, a XCC.xml file is present which contains some defenitions for the MSBUILD task.

How did you construct the NuGet Package?
Coordinator
Sep 18, 2014 at 10:12 AM
Got it, pull request merged and I've created a new XCC NuGet package. It's currently a manual operation. I use the NuGet package Explorer to update and publish the package.

Thanks for your help!
Sep 18, 2014 at 10:29 AM
Ah ok, thats clear.

I noticed you removed some stuff from the .nuspec a few commits ago. Was there a reasoning behind this? It seemd to work well for automatic packaging.
Coordinator
Sep 18, 2014 at 11:39 AM
The file references you mean? Yeah, not exactly sure what happened there. The manual nuspec edit is to blame. Agree that automatic packaging should be used.